From the Press Box

Tracking the UNC-Duke Game, March 9

With North Carolina and Duke matching up in the final game of the regular season tonight, here are a few notes, links and tweets to get you up to date.

• UNC and Duke have veered off in very different paths this season, but tonight the rivalry comes full circle, the (Raleigh) News & Observer’s Andrew Carter writes.
  • The News & Observer’s Luke DeCock writes that two freshmen going in different directions — Marcus Paige for UNC; Rasheed Sulaimon for Duke — could be a deciding factor in the game.
  • UNC sophomore forward James Michael McAdoo is managing a bulging disk in his back, Pickeral writes. McAdoo expects to play tonight.
  • It’ll be appropriate for UNC fans to chant “Andrew Wiggins” tonight because the top 2013 recruit will be at the game tonight, Fayetteville’s Bret Strelow writes.
  • The UNC managers beat Duke’s managers Friday night in the Smith Center. It ended on a game-ending tackle from UNC JV manager Caleb Royster.
  • If you missed yesterday’s Tracking the Tar Heels, you can find it here. It includes stories on P.J. Hairston, UNC players’ All-ACC chances and a UNC band member who admitted his love for the Blue Devils.
  • You can find official UNC game notes here.

[View the story “Hark the UNC-Duke Tweets” on Storify]