Welcome to another edition of Tracking the Tar Heels.
Here’s what the Tar Heels have been up to:
- Louisville became the newest full member of the ACC on Wednesday, replacing Maryland in the new-look conference, Assistant Sports Editor Brooke Pryor writes.
- Competing in the NCAA tournament for the third straight year, the UNC volleyball team will face California — a familiar foe — in the first round on Thursday, Marilyn Payne writes.
- The UNC women’s basketball team knocked off Ohio State on Wednesday in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, Assistant Sports Editor Henry Gargan writes.
- Daniel Wilco writes that the Tar Heels gained the victory against Ohio State in the final minutes of the game.
- Andrew Carter of the (Raleigh) News Observer questions if the UNC men’s basketball team will learn from Tuesday night’s 24-point loss to Indiana.
- WCHL Radio’s Aaron Keck caught up with UNC women’s soccer coach Anson Dorrance before the team headed to San Diego for Friday night’s NCAA Final Four matchup against Stanford.
To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.