Evan G. Marlow

Articles

Sophomore attackman Stevie Kirkup recorded his first career points at UNC with a goal and an assist against Presbyterian College on Thursday.

Kirkup shines in UNC debut

Due to multiple knee surgeries, sophomore Stevie Kirkup hadn’t played in a lacrosse game since his junior year of high school. Thursday night against Presbyterian, he returned to the field for the first time in more than two years to score a goal and add an assist in the No. 10 North Carolina men’s lacrosse team’s 15-5 victory at Fetzer Field.

Colin Moran attempts to round third base after an ECU error in the fourth inning. He would score UNC’s second run of the game.

UNC takes advantage of ECU errors

East Carolina had plundered 22 opponents entering Tuesday night’s game at Boshamer Stadium. But it was the Pirates’ five blunders that cost them against North Carolina. The Tar Heels (30-5) were able to take advantage of the visitors’ five errors and win 5-3.

No. 7 Duke held a lead against No. 8 North Carolina on Thursday. The Tar Heels committed 13 turnovers, nine of which were unforced.

Crucial turnovers doom Tar Heels in Duke loss

Twice in the second half the North Carolina men’s lacrosse team brought the score within three, and twice unforced turnovers gave the lead right back to its opponent Duke. The No. 8 Tar Heels were plagued by sloppy play Thursday night as they lost 14-9 to the No.7 Blue Devils.

Chay Shegog muscles her way around Georgia Tech’s Chelsea Regins and into the paint in Carmichael Arena on Thursday night en route to tying the team-high 13 points. Italee Lucas also had 13 points in the loss.

Tar Heels succumb to late-season stinger

The No. 13 North Carolina women’s basketball team is wondering what has gone wrong as they head toward the end of the season on a slide. Thursday night at home, the Tar Heels lost their third straight game, 64-57 to Georgia Tech.