Evan G. Marlow

Articles

Men's LAX v. Presybetirian won 15-5

Kirkup shines in UNC debut

Due to multiple knee surgeries, sophomore Stevie Kirkup hadn’t played in a lacrosse game since his junior year of high school. Thursday night against Presbyterian, he returned to the field for the first time in more than two years to score a goal and add an assist in the No. 10 North Carolina men’s lacrosse team’s 15-5 victory at Fetzer Field.

Third Baseman Colin Moran takes third and scores in the fourth inning. The Tar Heels defeated the ECU Pirates 5-3 on April 12.

UNC takes advantage of ECU errors

East Carolina had plundered 22 opponents entering Tuesday night’s game at Boshamer Stadium. But it was the Pirates’ five blunders that cost them against North Carolina. The Tar Heels (30-5) were able to take advantage of the visitors’ five errors and win 5-3.

No. 7 Duke held a lead against No. 8 North Carolina on Thursday. The Tar Heels committed 13 turnovers, nine of which were unforced.

Crucial turnovers doom Tar Heels in Duke loss

Twice in the second half the North Carolina men’s lacrosse team brought the score within three, and twice unforced turnovers gave the lead right back to its opponent Duke. The No. 8 Tar Heels were plagued by sloppy play Thursday night as they lost 14-9 to the No.7 Blue Devils.

The Chapel Hill "Friends of Downtown" held their monthly meeting at Top of the Hill Thursday morning. Roger Waldon, a previous Director of Planning for Chapel, was the guest speaker at the meeting.

Tar Heels succumb to late-season stinger

The No. 13 North Carolina women’s basketball team is wondering what has gone wrong as they head toward the end of the season on a slide. Thursday night at home, the Tar Heels lost their third straight game, 64-57 to Georgia Tech.