Volleyball Comes Back To Defeat Florida State

(15-9, 2-15, 6-15, 15-9, 15-13) victory on the road against Florida State on Sunday.

UNC is 4-0 in league play and 14-2 overall after the win. Three UNC players registered double-digit kills, led by Casey Simpson's 16. Lisa Fryer tallied a team-high 11 digs, and Eve Rackham posted 51 assists.

North Carolina continues its road trip with non-conference action against No. 12 Florida on Wednesday.

Duke Gets Best of UNC Crew

DURHAM - Senior Erin Neppel's win in the single was the highlight for the North Carolina rowing team Saturday morning as Duke took the varsity four, the varsity eight and the pairs in early-season racing on Lake Michie.

"It was a hard day for us," UNC coach Joel Furtek said. "We really pushed ourselves, racing three times in 2 1/2 hours. We're in a heavy workload period and did not come in primed for racing. Definitely, our eyes are on racing them much later on."

Neppel won the single in 21 minutes, 25 seconds.

In the varsity eight, Duke won in a time of 16:29, while UNC's first boat finished in 17:00. Duke's winning time in the varsity four was 17:58, with UNC's first boat coming across in 18:27. Duke finished first and second in the pairs, and UNC came across in third at 20:29.

Inman Finishes Buick at 1-Under

UNC golf coach John Inman fired a final-round 73 to finish tied for 61st at the Buick Challenge on the PGA Tour.

Inman shot 72-68-74-73-287 to finish the tournament at 1-under-par. David Duval won the tournament at 19-under.