Senior Class Vice President Submits Resignation

Dimmling announced her resignation via an e-mail, which she said she unintentionally sent to the senior class listserv instead of the senior marshals. "This is not something I intended to tell anyone publicly, but I basically was forced into resignation by Ben and was tired of trying to fight him," she said.

Dimmling said that although the e-mail appeared to have been written by Singer because of a technicality with the listserv administration, she is the author.

Dimmling said the conflict with Singer arose because he wanted to make all decisions for the senior class on his own without incorporating her input.

"I guess he considered me too big of a barrier into making decisions by himself," Dimmling said.

But Singer said a rift between himself and Dimmling occurred when senior marshals expressed displeasure about Dimmling's decision to not include the marshals in meetings with the administration. "We had a lot of discussion about it because we were divided on that issue," he said. "The marshals wanted to be in the meeting to hold her accountable, and I felt the same way."

Singer said the allegations Dimmling made in her letter about his leadership style and unwillingness to incorporate other viewpoints are false.

"Basically, she took all the allegations that the marshals and myself had confronted her with and turned them against me," he said. "A lot of times she misinterpreted what I wanted and what the marshals wanted."

A new vice president will be elected Sunday from among the 32 senior marshals, and Singer said several already have expressed interest in taking the position. The post of chief marshal -- which was vacated by Annie Peirce last week -- also will be filled at that time.

Singer said he thinks it was unfortunate that Dimmling's resignation was aired so publicly and with such bitterness. "I apologize for the situation -- I think it's a gross charade," he said. "The seniors need to realize we're working our tails off for them, and this should allow us to move forward and get rid of internal strife."