Game and time

Site: Kenan Stadium.

TV/radio: There is no regional television coverage. The Tar Heel Sports Network will provide live radio coverage; its flagship station is WCHL 1360 AM.

Records: North Carolina is 5-5 overall, 4-3 in the ACC. Duke is 0-9, 0-6.

Series: North Carolina leads 49-34-4.

Personnel update: Duke -- None reported. North Carolina -- WR Bosley Allen (sprained right ankle) is questionable. OT Justin Barton (left knee) and OT Skip Seagraves (right knee) are out. SS DeFonte Coleman (left shoulder), DT Will Chapman (left knee) and WR Isaiah Robinson (right knee) are out for the season.

Key matchup: Although everyone looks at the 0-9 mark, Duke does have some talent. Duke quarterback D. Bryant is fifth in league in total offense, right behind N.C. State's pass-happy Philip Rivers. Bryant's averaging 225.7 yards a game, and just six of those yards are on the ground. Bryant's supporting cast isn't so good, but tailback Chris Douglas is chipping in 84 yards a game and leads the league in all-purpose yardage.

For Duke to be successful, Bryant's receivers are going to have to pluck the ball out of the sky -- he's 10th in the conference in pass efficiency -- because Douglas is going to have trouble picking up yardage.

Rush defense is supposed to be UNC's speciality, and after two straight subpar performances, the Tar Heels will be looking to make someone pay for their mistakes. By continuing to focus their efforts on the air, the Blue Devils have a better shot at being competitive because they can take advantage of the defense's weakest unit.

Final analysis/prediction: If the Tar Heels want to go bowling, they have to win, period.

Although the woeful Blue Devils don't make anyone quake in their shoes, it is important that the Tar Heels remember that they're not playing for the Peach Bowl -- they're playing for any bowl. To be bowl eligible, they must get to 7-5, and with Duke and Southern Methodist left, both games are must wins.

"In every game, there's a sense of urgency," said senior defensive tackle Anthony Perkins. "You're playing for the precious win, for bragging rights."

But Perkins added that the sense of urgency was increased for this game because of its effect on UNC's postseason hopes and because UNC can't afford to overlook Duke. "We have to get it done right now," he said.

Coming off disappointing losses to Georgia Tech and Wake Forest, the Tar Heels have to get their heads on straight against the Blue Devils. After rallying from a 0-3 beginning to go on a five-game winning streak, the Tar Heels have to show that a couple of losses won't break them.

"I know that a lot of people have pulled for this football team and have really hurt when we lost the way we did at Georgia Tech and absolutely had their hearts ripped out when we lost the way we did against Wake Forest; but now it's time to fight again," Bunting said. "It's Round 11."

North Carolina 38, Duke 14