Cedric Gray selected by Titans in fourth round of 2024 NFL Draft

20231111 - UNC FOOTBALL VS. DUKE HOMECOMING GAME
UNC senior linebacker Cedric Gray (33) gazes out at the crowd during senior night before the homecoming game against Duke in Kenan Stadium on Saturday, Nov. 11, 2023. UNC beat Duke 47-45.

Former UNC linebacker Cedric Gray was selected by the Tennessee Titans with the 106th overall pick in the fourth round of the 2024 NFL Draft on Saturday afternoon.

Gray was a semifinalist for the Butkus Award, given to the nation’s top linebacker, after leading UNC and finishing second in the ACC with 121 tackles in 2023. In his career, Gray was a two-time first-team All-ACC selection and a second-team All-America in 2022. 

The Charlotte native was a 3-star prospect out of Ardrey Kell High School and only received one high-major offer — North Carolina. After a quiet rookie season in which Gray registered three total tackles, the linebacker burst onto the scene in 2021 with 99 tackles.

Gray followed a strong sophomore campaign with 145 tackles and 82 solos in his junior season, which ranked first among all Power 5 players. He recorded a season-high 16 tackles at Virginia in 2022.

During his final year in Chapel Hill, Gray continued to churn out impressive numbers, most notably posting 18 and 17 tackles against Virginia and N.C. State, respectively.

@danielhwei

Daniel Wei

Daniel Wei is a 2023-24 assistant sports editor at The Daily Tar Heel. He has previously served as a senior writer. Daniel is a junior pursuing a double major in business administration and economics.