The Lowdown on Sunday's Basketball Game

Game:

Time: Sunday, 6 p.m.

Location: Chapel Hill

Radio: 100.7 FM, WCHL-1360 AM

Television: Fox Sports Net

Keys for UNC: North Carolina has fallen behind early in all three of its losses but looked better against Indiana than against Davidson and Hampton. The Tar Heels can't afford to do the same in this early conference matchup. UNC, sporting a woeful 35.3 field-goal percentage, has proven it can't find the bottom of the hoop enough to shoot its way out of an early deficit. Melvin Scott and Jackie Manuel will also need to keep Tony Akins and Marvin Lewis in check.

Keys for Georgia Tech: The smaller Yellow Jackets will likely play zone. If they can keep Kris Lang's touches to a minimum, they'll force the Tar Heels to jump shoot -- not a strong point for UNC thus far. It's making 23.3 percent of its 3-point attempts.

UNC Bench: Matt Doherty has tightened his rotation despite not finding a winning combination, yet. Only Brian Morrison and Jawad Williams saw significant minutes off the pine, scoring two points between them.

Georgia Tech Bench: Ten players average more than 12 minutes a game for Paul Hewitt's young squad. He'll throw a lot of different lineups at the Tar Heels in what should be a tight game.

Prediction: Georgia Tech 68, UNC 66

Compiled by Mike