Baseball Takes 2 of 3 in Georgia

North Carolina's offense scored 31 runs over the weekend en route to wins in its final two games.

The win followed a 10-6 victory against Armstrong Atlantic State on Saturday and a 10-8 loss to Georgia on Friday.

The Tar Heels (3-3) scored 31 runs on 33 hits, including nine home runs, in the weekend trip. Chris Iannetta had two doubles and a homer in going 3-for-5 with three RBIs, while Adam Greenberg and Sean Farrell had two hits apiece Sunday.

Farrell batted 6-for-12, including three home runs, with nine RBIs and eight runs scored in the three games.

Track Competes at Last Chance

BLACKSBURG, Va. -- The UNC women's distance medley relay team automatically qualified for the NCAA Championships by running a track-record time of 11:08.40 at the Virginia Tech Last Chance meet Saturday in Blacksburg, Va. The time bests the old track record by more than six seconds.

UNC's Sal Gigante set a track record in the 35-pound weight throw with a throw of 69 feet, 9 1/2 inches. The throw broke his old school record 67-11.

Men's Lacrosse Beats Bucknell

LEWISBURG, Pa. -- No. 13 North Carolina avenged last season's loss to Bucknell by routing the No. 19 Bison 12-3 before 2,820 at Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

Freshman Paul Spellman played splendidly in goal against the Bison (0-1), and a balanced offense led by Andrew Lucas, Austin Garrison and brothers Bryant and Steven Will had UNC (2-0) scoring in double figures for the second straight game.

Women's Tennis Drops 2 on Road

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- No. 10 North Carolina lost its second straight match Sunday, falling 5-2 to No. 8 Tennessee (9-3). On Saturday, the Tar Heels (7-3) also dropped a 5-2 decision, this time to No. 16 Kentucky (9-1).

Kate Pinchbeck and Lee Bairos recorded the UNC points in both matches, winning at the No. 3 and No. 5 singles spots, respectively.

Gamecocks Top Men's Tennis

COLUMBIA, S.C. - The North Carolina men's tennis team fell in its first road match of the season, 4-3, to No. 31 South Carolina (6-0).

The Tar Heels (4-2), picked up three singles wins from senior Marcio Petrone, junior Trystan Meniane and freshman Daniel Pinchbeck.

Women's Golf Places 10th in Florida

GAINESVILLE, Fla. - The North Carolina women's golf team finished 10th at the SunTrust Lady Gator Invitational after posting a three-day total of 941. The host Florida Gators won the event with a three-day total of 900.

UNC sophomore Ashley Prange finished the tournament tied for 14th.