Gymnasts Set Records in Title Win

Sophomore Anna Wilson claimed first place on floor with 9.975, tying her personal best and UNC's school record. Sophomore Maddy Curley scored a 9.950 to take second place on floor and set a personal best.

Wilson was the top Tar Heel finisher in the all-around. She scored a 39.200 to claim sixth place, while senior Monica Middleton scored a 38.650 to finish 11th in the all-around.

UNC finished its season 26-7, the best finish in school history.

Softball Takes 2nd at Buzz Classic

MARIETTA, Ga. -- The North Carolina softball team reached the championship game of the Buzz Classic on Sunday before falling to Ohio State 6-3 in eight innings.

The Tar Heels (18-15) defeated Troy State 9-1 in the day's first game to reach the finals.

UNC led Ohio State 1-0 heading into the seventh when OSU scored an unearned run to force extra innings.

The Buckeyes scored five runs in the top of the eighth to take a 6-1 lead. A two-run homer by Rosie Gustavson wasn't enough to bring UNC back in the bottom of the inning.

Women's Lacrosse Falls to Virginia

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- The Virginia women's lacrosse team upset No. 3 UNC 11-8 on Saturday after jumping out to an early 5-0 lead. The Tar Heels (5-2, 2-1 in the ACC), led by Christine McPike's three goals and two goals apiece by Lindsay Stone and Brooke Young, fought back but could not overcome the deficit.

Swimming Finishes 13th at NCAAs

AUSTIN, Texas -- Katie Hathaway broke her own ACC record in the 200-yard breaststroke Saturday to lead the UNC women's swimming and diving team in the NCAA Championships at the University of Texas.

Hathaway took fourth place in the 200-yard breaststroke with an ACC record-setting time of 2:11.12.

The Tar Heels finished 13th with 110 points. Auburn won the NCAA championship with 474 points.

Women's Golf Places 6th in Athens

ATHENS, Ga. -- The UNC women's golf team finished sixth in the Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic on Sunday. The Tar Heels' final score of 912 put them 33 strokes behind victorious Florida, which shot a 15-over 879.

Sophomore Ashley Prange and junior Abby Spector led UNC, carding par 72 scores in the final round.

Bescansa Leads Men's Golf at E-Z-Go

STATESBORO, Ga. -- The UNC men's golf team concluded the Schenkel E-Z-Go Invitational on Sunday in 14th place after posting a total score of 33-over 897. Augusta State won the tournament with a one-over 865 total.

Junior Ramon Bescansa led the Tar Heels, finishing tied for 34th place after shooting a third-round, three-over 75 to finish with a six-over 222.

Rodrigues Nabs 8th at NCAAs

ALBANY, N.Y. -- UNC wrestler Chris Rodrigues finished eighth at the NCAA Wrestling Tournament this weekend. Rodrigues lost to Cornell's Travis Lee 4-14 in Saturday's medal round.