UNC's McPike Named Conference's Top Player

Christine McPike was named the ACC's women's lacrosse player of the year, and two Tar Heels also were All-ACC.

McPike and fellow Tar Heel seniors Lindsay Stone and Porter Wilkinson all were named to the All-ACC team at the banquet.

Meanwhile, head coach Jenny Slingluff Levy was named the co-ACC coach of the year along with Virginia's Julie Myers.

McPike is sixth in the ACC in goals scored at 2.5 per game and 10th in the conference in scoring at 2.83 points per game. She also ranks second in the ACC in caused turnovers at 2.20 per game.

The Farmingdale, N.Y., native is third among UNC players in goals scored with 30 and fourth with 34 points. She has been named All-ACC in each of the last two seasons and has been named a "Player to Watch" for the 2002 Tewaaraton Trophy, given annually to the national player of the year.

Stone, an attacker, was named All-ACC for the second season in a row. She leads North Carolina with 35 goals, 16 assists and 51 points this season and is on pace to set career highs in all three categories in 2002.

She was named ACC player of the week twice this season.

Wilkinson, a defender, was named All-ACC for the third year in a row, becoming UNC's first-ever three-time All-ACC honoree.

Teasley Likely to Be Drafted Early

UNC senior Nikki Teasley is projected as an early pick in today's WNBA Draft, which begins at 11:30 a.m. and will be broadcast on ESPN2.

Teasley will watch Friday's draft from the NBA Studios in Seacaucus, N.J.

In a chat on WNBA.com earlier this week, Seattle Storm head coach and general manager Lin Dunn said the 6-foot point guard was one of the five players she was considering selecting with the first pick of the draft.