Former Tar Heel Named To UNC Rowing Staff

All three coaches are former Tar Heel rowers. Haney and Baylor were teammates and letter winners on UNC's first varsity squad, in 1997-98. Fogt joined the team in the fall of 1998 and earned varsity letters in 2000 and 2001.

"The fact that we all were a part of this program as athletes is a great advantage," Haney said. "We all know what the athletes are thinking, and that enables us to relate better to them. It helps that we know each other so well too."

Baylor graduated from North Carolina in 1998 with a bachelor's degree in exercise and sports science. She earned a master's degree in exercise physiology from UNC in 2000.

Gaston Earns ACC Player of the Week

North Carolina senior defender Leslie Gaston was named ACC Player of the Week after leading the UNC women's soccer team to a 2-0 record this weekend, including a win against No. 1 Stanford.

Gaston has stepped up in the defender position for the Tar Heels since Catherine Reddick is playing with the national team. Gaston has led UNC in a scoreless streak of 556 minutes and 20 seconds. Her defense prowess led the Tar Heels to their fourth and fifth shutouts in a row this past weekend as the Tar Heels defeated the Cardinals 1-0 and Saint Mary's 3-0.