Directory Delayed, Assisted by Online Edition

Annette Harmon, campus directory coordinator, said that the published 2002-03 edition of the directory will be out after Thanksgiving break.

The student directory, which is normally published by the end of October, is coming out only a few days before semester classes end because of the increased listings added this year.

"The amount of listings in the directory this year is more than we've ever had before," Harmon said. "There appears to be more faculty and staff this year, so it has taken longer to compile the information and publish the directory."

The total amount of pages has increased to 736 -- 56 more pages than last year's directory.

The directory is grouped into sections of eight pages, and this year, there are seven additional groupings, she said.

Besides the paper version, UNC also houses a online student directory that is updated and maintained by personnel in the Administrative Information Services and Academic Technology and Networks.

Both the online and hardback directories include information on faculty, staff, students, UNC departments and information for the hospital.

But the paper version also contains additional components, such as the information pertaining to the standing committees of the faculty and the administrative directory, which the online directory does not provide.