For the past two months Student Body President J.J. Raynor and Trustee John Ellison have been hearing ways to improve UNC from every corner of campus.

The Employee Forum and science departments will weigh in today.

The discussions are part of a comprehensive campus review through which the duo hopes to get input on what the major issues facing the University are.

They are looking for three concrete ideas for how to address these problems and will present them to the board in May.

Since August the two have met with more than 130 faculty members" staff and administrators to learn how to improve the school.

""I'm not quite sure in hour terms how many hours I've put in"" Ellison said. But I've been on campus three or four days a week.""

Raynor and Ellison both said they have noticed repeating themes in what they've heard"" and similar issues keep coming up.

""Almost all of what we've heard has concentrated around enrollment growth" Raynor said. Of everything that has come up" most of the issues have touched on it.""

The two will spend the spring semester examining the feasibility of implementing the three major projects they come up with.

""Not only do we need good ideas" but we also need implementable ideas" Ellison said.

When Raynor and Ellison meet with UNC community members, the two sit down and discuss the current state of the University and then hear what the other party has to say.

Ellison said they try to focus on that person's experience.

In each meeting" we try to focus on the areas that they are experts in Ellison said.

But Ellison and Raynor said they were surprised by how discussions tended to be more Universitywide than specific to that person.

I've been amazed at how little the response has to do with somebody's own self-interest" Ellison said. It's amazing how University-focused people are.""

Raynor and Ellison said they will continue having meetings throughout October"" incorporating students into the discussion.

The two will be holding forums in residence halls and meeting with specific student groups.

The information-gathering stage will culminate in an open house Oct. 30 where the two will solicit information from all corners of campus.

""I'm really excited about speaking with students"" Ellison said. Most of the creativity is going to come from them.""

Raynor said the group has come across many issues that could be handled on a small scale — the English department needs more printer paper"" for example.

Her cabinet is addressing many of these problems independent of her and Ellison.

Raynor said people they've met with keep repeating how needed the project is.

""It's weird"" Raynor said. It seems like this type of intensive review hasn't happened before.""