Monday December 5th

Police log for Oct. 27

Three vehicles were broken into at the 1100 block of N.C. Highway 54 Bypass, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone broke into a white 1996 Honda Civic and stole a stereo between 11 p.m. Saturday and 6:37 p.m. Sunday, reports state. The stereo was valued at $300, reports state.

Someone broke a window to steal a Magellan GPS unit and mount from a car between 2:15 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Sunday, reports state. The window damage was valued at $150 and the GPS unit and mount were valued at $170, reports state.

Someone broke into a vehicle and stole one radio/TV/VCR/stereo equipment and a Garmin GPS unit between 12:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. Sunday, reports state. The equipment was valued at $120 and the GPS unit was valued at $250, reports state.

Someone broke the rear window and keyed both sides of a car between 2 a.m. and 4 p.m. Sunday at a 110 S. Roberson St. parking deck, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone broke into a home and stole an Xbox 360 console, seven Xbox games and another video game between Thursday at 4:17 p.m. and Friday at 9:30 a.m, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The Xbox was valued at $200, the Xbox games were valued at $420 and the video game was valued at $10, reports state.

Someone stole three laptops from Best Buy Mobile when an employee was not looking between 1:21 p.m. and 2:20 p.m. Friday at 1800 East Franklin St. Apt. 27, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The laptops were valued at $300, reports state.

Someone burned items on First Baptist Church’s property around 5:08 p.m. Saturday at 106 N. Roberson St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

The suspect burned a brick wall and sign letter, valued at $100 and a metal and glass church sign, valued at $100, reports state.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2022 Year in Review