Ellis has the leadership skills needed for Queen

We are writing in support of Lauren Ellis for 2009 UNC Homecoming queen. It has been our privilege to know Lauren for three years and every day we are more impressed with the leadership, passion and commitment she shows in all aspects of her life.

It is not just our personal relationship with Lauren that makes her the best candidate for Homecoming queen, but the importance and depth of her service project. Bridging the gap between those with developmental disabilities and those without developmental disabilities is an important cause and Lauren’s passion to help local high school students interact with developmentally disabled students is a huge step in the right direction.

Lauren is the perfect person to represent the University as Homecoming queen. She has served in numerous leadership roles in her time at UNC. As president of her sorority and a committee sub-chairwoman for Dance Marathon, Lauren has shown she can positively influence others while balancing the time demands of college. We are thankful that Lauren is running for Homecoming queen because there is no other student at UNC that we can imagine doing a better job representing our campus than Lauren.

We urge all students to vote Lauren Ellis for Homecoming Queen today.

Kristina Fondre
Junior
History, International Studies

Aleigh Huston-Lyons
Junior
Journalism