It is wonderful that we have someone running for Chapel Hill Town Council who is one of us. As a student, I have no question that Matt Pohlman is our candidate. He has been involved with student issues, cares about what we think and has a genuine concern for UNC. Matt and his wife, Shelby, are both UNC graduates. Matt has two young sons who can be seen often walking their dog around campus, while Shelby teaches at the business school.

Although all these attributes are great, the reason I am voting for Matt — and urge all of my fellow students to do the same — is that he will be a fresh voice on the Town Council. Matt works with small businesses, has served for many years on local nonprofit boards and is very involved with volunteer work in the community.

Electing Matt Pohlman will help all of the students to have a real voice on the Town Council. One of his many relevant ideas involves holding “office hours” so students can have access to him. He cares about students, has the experience to help us and will work hard to make our town a better place. Swing by, vote for Matt and enjoy the rest of your day!

Sarah DeHaan
Senior
Business