A Chapel Hill man was arrested for misdemeanor assault on a female at 11:28 p.m. Monday at his home at 317 Edisto Court, according to Chapel Hill police reports. James Spallino, 26, was taken to Orange County jail with no bond, reports state. He is no longer being held at the jail, according to the jail’s custody report.

Someone accessed a gas-dispensing electrical system and removed fuel between 2:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. Tuesday at Walker’s BP Service at 1500 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole 164 gallons of gas, worth $485, reports state.

A suspicious person was reported sitting on the sidewalk and playing with a cigarette lighter at 2:18 p.m. Wednesday at 1713 Legion Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

When he was stopped for speeding, a 25-year-old Raleigh man was arrested for misdemeanor assault on a female at 4 p.m. Wednesday on Estes Drive Extension, according to Chapel Hill police reports. There was a warrant for Maurice Jerome  McPherson’s arrest, reports state. He was taken to the magistrate and released on a written promise to appear in court Dec. 10, reports state. A tattoo on his left forearm says “Kristina,” reports state.