The end of the semester is almost here, and the Eve Carson Scholarship is in full swing! There are two upcoming events of which the executive committee of the scholarship would like to make you aware.

Please join over 1,000 students, faculty, staff and community members at 10 a.m. tomorrow on Polk Place for the Eve Carson Memorial 5K for Education. The event is being hosted by Phi Delta Theta fraternity and Pi Beta Phi sorority, and the proceeds will help support the Eve Carson Scholarship in addition to two other organizations, First Book and Frank Porter Graham Elementary School.

Register at www.educationforeve.com in the Pit today, or on race day starting at 8 a.m.

We would also like to remind you that the deadline to apply for the Eve Carson Scholarship is at 5 p.m. Tuesday.

The scholarship will provide a summer experience and contribute to tuition expenses for a student’s senior year at Carolina. For more information, please go to www.unc.edu/eve.

We really hope that you will join us in celebrating the life and legacy of Eve Carson by running in the 5K on Saturday and applying for the scholarship if you are eligible.

Thomas Edwards
Director
Eve Marie Carson Scholarship