The Duke-Carolina Student Basketball Marathon is a year-long fundraiser organized by students from UNC and Duke University.

Proceeds from the marathon benefit BounceBack Kids, a nonprofit organization that helps children with life-threatening illnesses develop successful life skills through basketball. Learn more at www.bouncebackkids.org.

Throughout the year, students from both institutions compete against each other to raise the most money.

Each year, the marathon culminates with a Duke vs. Carolina co-ed basketball game. This year, the Marathon will be a 26 hour-long event, starting at noon on Jan. 16 and lasting to 2 p.m. Jan. 17 in Fetzer Gym on UNC’s campus.

During the basketball marathon weekend, the UNC and Duke communities come together to cheer on their respective teams and help raise money for the children of BounceBack Kids. Throughout the marathon weekend, a capella groups, dance groups and local bands will put on a great show for the participants.

Whether you are a volunteer, player or supporter, you are a part of the team. Everyone plays an important role in creating the exciting environment.

Visit www.basketballmarathon.com, for more information on how to play in the game or donate.

You can sign up on mysignup.com/bballmarathon09 to volunteer. The last day for all sign ups is Dec 9. If you have questions, feel free to contact Fallon Speaker at fallon.speaker@gmail.com.

Antoinette M. Lecky
Advertising Chairwoman
Duke-Carolina Student Basketball Marathon