Student attendance was way down during game

Although the basketball team got a win, one aspect of the game was highly disappointing. There were dozens and dozens of empty seats in the student sections! The risers even looked like they had a couple of empty spots!

This is especially disturbing given that other students couldn’t get a ticket at all because they were all given out.

Come on people, there are more than 20,000 students here. If you aren’t sure you can or will use a ticket for a specific game don’t put your name in the lottery! Let students who want to be there, be there.

And if you have a ticket and something unforeseen occurs, make sure you find someone to give it to. Our team needs our full support. They are the national champions! They need the stands full and rocking every game!

Coach Roy Williams commented on the team’s lack of intensity today. The same can be said for the crowd. We can provide energy throughout the building by becoming the sixth man and getting our team fired up every time they take the court. So show up, wear blue, or don’t get a ticket! And scream your head off the whole time.

Don’t just stand there. I almost wish UNC would go back to the old ticket distribution method. At least then the true, rabid Tar Heel fans would be the ones in the stands.

Gennifer Young
Chapel Hill