Somebody broke into a shed on a property at 2400 Homestead Road and took $6,650 worth of copper wiring between 8 a.m. Friday and 3:30 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.The person also damaged two storage shed door locks worth $25, reports state.

Someone entered an unlocked vehicle and removed a pair of sunglasses at 3:12 p.m. Sunday at 200 Culbreth Park Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.The Smith sunglasses were worth $150, reports state.

Someone took a Nintendo Wii console and game from a house between noon Dec. 18 and Sunday at 4:30 p.m. at 113 Howell St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.The property was worth $300, reports state.

Someone entered an unlocked hotel room and stole a laptop computer and an iPod between 3 a.m. and 9 a.m. Sunday at the Holiday Inn at 1301 N. Fordham Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The computer was worth $450 and the iPod was worth $140, reports state.

Someone entered through a back window of a house at 410 Tadley Drive and stole $3,000 in electronics between 2:50 p.m. and 8:10 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The electronics included a digital camera, a television and a computer, each worth $1,000, reports state.

Someone unscrewed the valve caps of several plastic storage containers that contained chemicals between 7 p.m. Thursday and 7 a.m. Friday at the Ready Mix Concrete plant at 219 Guthrie Ave. in Carrboro, according to Carrboro police reports.One leak caused 3,000 gallons of a non-hazardous chemical, Glenium 7500, to be released into the enclosed concrete containment area that housed the storage containers, reports state.