Someone reported an assault with a knife at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday at 100 Forsyth Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone punched a man in the mouth at 3:03 a.m. Wednesday at the 300 block of Mitchell Lane, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone reported a purse stolen from the Limelight store at about 6:10 p.m. Monday at 402 W. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The Coach purse was valued at $110, reports state.

A man reported that people moved into his apartment without permission while he was gone sometime between Dec. 1, 2009, and 7:10 p.m. Tuesday at 500 Umstead Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone was suspected of damaging property between 5 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. Monday at Royal Park Apartments located at 501 N.C. 54, according to Carrboro police reports. The person had spray-painted one of the mirrors and one of the treadmills in the fitness center, reports state. The person also damaged several pieces of a fence just outside the fitness center, reports state.

Somebody reported a small dog running at large at Merritt Mill Road and N.C. 54, according to Carrboro police reports. Police went to check the area and did not find a dog, reports state.

A juvenile attempted to steal different kinds of potato chips because she said she was hungry at 11:28 a.m. Tuesday at the Harris Teeter at 310 N. Greensboro St., according to Carrboro police reports.