Winston Crisp named vice chancellor for student affairs

UNC-Chapel Hill Dean of Students Winston Crisp

Winston Crisp was named the new vice chancellor for student affairs at today’s Board of Trustees meeting, ending an almost 10-month hiring process to select the administrator who serves as the primary liaison between students and the University’s high-level administration.

Crisp, who will now oversee 360 University employees, more than 1,200 student staff members and a budget of more than $80 million, will replace Margaret Jablonski, who stepped down from the position in March. Her most recent annual salary was $236,000.

Currently the assistant vice chancellor for student affairs, Crisp was hired by UNC in 1992 and most recently earned an annual salary of $117,451. He will take over on May 16 from Jablonski, who has waited to leave the post until her replacement is hired. In stepping down, she cited the need for a “professional change,” such as a sabbatical or a job in student affairs at another university.

Crisp was selected by a search committee of 16 administrators and students that has held meetings since September to identify potential candidates for the job. The committee considered only candidates from within the University.

Check back at dailytarheel.com for more on this story.