Edwards sex scandal continues in court

Former John Edwards aides Andrew and Cheri Young have been ordered to appear in court Friday for delaying in turning over what are said to be the former U.S. senator’s sex tapes.

Rielle Hunter, who Edwards had an affair with while he was running for president, won a restraining order in Orange County court against the Youngs.

The Youngs were ordered to turn over videos and photographs which involved Edwards and could harm Hunter’s reputation, court documents state.

Andrew Young stated on 20/20 last week that the videos include sex tapes involving Edwards.

Because they have not turned over the items, an order was filed Tuesday for them to appear in court in Chatham County.

Court documents state that although the Youngs said they would turn over the videos and pictures as soon as possible after they were served with the restraining order Thursday, at least one of them has left the state.

Hunter claims she left three videos and some photographs of her and Edwards in a box of personal things in her home, where she allowed the Youngs to stay. At least one of the Youngs has admitted to having the tapes, the restraining order states.

The court has ordered them to bring the tapes and photographs to Friday’s hearing.

Edwards, who fathered Hunter’s child during the affair, is a Chapel Hill resident, as are the Youngs.

Andrew Young originally claimed paternity for Hunter’s child.