Now that the campaign season is over, let me first state my sincerest thanks and appreciation to the campus for a great election season. I am so honored and excited to serve as your next student body president.

I also want to thank my fellow candidates for this year’s competitive campaign season. Each candidate brought a unique perspective for moving the University forward, and I hope to work with all of them in bettering the efforts of student government throughout my term. Their involvement is critical to the success of any administration.

As we begin to move forward into a new student government administration, I will be emphasizing the importance of your input and feedback during this changeover. Please get in touch with me to share your thoughts and ideas over the coming months as we begin to reconstruct the executive branch.

That said, get excited about next year! There are so many opportunities for you to be involved with student government.

Applications for the executive board officers are ready and available on the student government Web site, studentorgs.unc.edu/studgov. These positions include the student body vice president, student body treasurer, student body secretary, chief of staff and senior adviser.

If you are interested in serving in another capacity, such as a member of cabinet or on an external appointment committee, those will be available later on in the semester — stay tuned for more information for those positions.

It’s time to take action, Carolina. Let’s get to it!

Hogan Medlin
Student body president-elect