By spending one night in the Pit during this year’s “Box-Out” event, you can play a part in efforts to eradicate poverty. Box-Out is a large annual event put on by the homeless outreach poverty eradication committee of the Campus Y. Students pledge to raise a minimum of $30 and spend one night sleeping in a cardboard box in the Pit.

All proceeds benefit the Community Empowerment Fund, an innovative microfinance initiative that provides small, interest-free loans, access to financial literacy resources, strong personal relationships and numerous other resources to the local homeless population.

This year, Box-Out will take place March 26. Don’t miss out on a night filled with free food, performances by incredible bands, dancers and a cappella groups, meaningful speakers, film screenings and more.

But most importantly, don’t miss out on a night where the campus and Chapel Hill community can come together for a significant cause, grounded in our common humanity. Sign up in the Pit this Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. or visit unc.edu/campusyhope/

Box-Out.htm. Be a part of the solution: Speak out, reach out and “Box-Out” this year!

Zaina Alsous
Freshman
Political Science