On April 23rd, GLBTSA, the Campus Y and Young Democrats are excited to be headed to Washington, D.C., to lobby for two pieces of important legislation that affect the status of civil rights in our country.

We will spend the day meeting with legislators and staffers on Capitol Hill to take an active stance on these issues. We will work to support the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, which will end discriminatory policies based on gender identity or sexual orientation in hiring practices.

We will also work to repeal the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” military policy, which prevents gay and lesbian citizens from openly serving in the U.S. military. We invite all students at UNC to apply for the overnight trip, which leaves Thursday afternoon for a full day of lobbying on Friday. All participants will be trained about the process of lobbying, so experience is not necessary! Trip applications and more information are available at studentorgs.unc.edu/glbtsa/.

Applications are due Friday. Please join us for this important opportunity to influence the policy process and be active citizens in our collaborative effort.

Erin Marubashi
Co-President
Campus Y

Lee Storrow
Co-President
UNC Young Democrats