Police Log for March 25, 2010

Someone reported that they observed a person disposing of $100 worth of firearms or ammunition at 1:23 p.m. Monday on Bynum Street, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Somebody stole a laptop from Sigma Nu fraternity between 4:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. March 17 at 109 Fraternity Court, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The student reported Monday that the laptop was worth $2,500, reports state.

Somebody stole a T-Mobile myTouch from the gym at East Chapel Hill High School between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The phone was worth $300, reports state.

Somebody took $12 from the tip jar at Cold Stone Creamery at about 10 p.m. Tuesday at 131 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The business got the money back, reports state.

When police served a warrant for arrest to a Durham man Tuesday at 510 W. Franklin St., they found 4 grams of marijuana in his possession, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Antonio Donovan Nelson Farrington, 23, was charged with misdemeanor breaking and entering and possession of marijuana, reports state. He was released on a written promise to appear in court May 17, reports state.

A 31-year-old man was served a warrant  for arrest for assault on a female at 8:48 a.m. Tuesday at the Food Lion at 1720 Fordham Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Rodrigo Navarro was taken to the Orange County Jail with no bond, reports state.