In response to the articles that appeared in both The Daily Tar Heel and The Duke Chronicle yesterday (“Leader of Duke CRs forced out,” DTH, April 19), the two College Republican chapters would like to make it clear that all decisions were made on grounds explicitly stated in the constitution and followed strict rules in making the decision.

Mr. Robinette’s leadership decisions were that on which the executive board decided to impeach him, not his personal life choices. The decision to impeach Mr. Robinette was made because it was considered necessary by the leadership of the club as detailed in the articles signed by every member of Duke’s executive board. UNC College Republicans fully support Duke College Republicans in this matter.

We also want to ensure it is known that while our politics on sexuality differ from a majority of campus, sexuality issues are not something we focus on as an organization.

Within our own organization there are a variety of opinions on the issue and we always allow an open arena of conversation on any topic. As College Republican chapters, our purpose is to aid Republican candidates for elective office and support them in any way possible, not to pass judgement on any man in any way. We wish Mr. Robinette the best of luck in the student elections today.

Anthony E. Dent
Chairman
UNC College Republicans

Carter Boyle
Chairman
Duke College Republicans