Administrators stressed to trustees the need for patience with the pace of the ongoing football investigations Thursday morning.
The UNC team investigating allegations of academic misconduct has passed its findings to the student attorney general’s office, Chancellor Holden Thorp said. The honor system’s judicial process won’t be complete for awhile.
“I couldn’t imagine circumventing that system under any circumstance,” Thorp said.
In the meantime, UNC plans to continuing sitting out all of the players in question to avoid the risk of playing someone who might later be ruled ineligible. The result is a slow and lengthy investigation that one trustee described as “glacial.”
It’s not clear exactly how many players that means are still out. Eleven were still outstanding earlier this week, but that number includes players accused of academic misconduct as well as those accused of improper relationships with agents. Administrators won’t say which players are part of which investigations, or part of both.