ConnectCarolina’s “inaugural season” has provided both benefits and challenges for the campus community.

ConnectCarolina is a mammoth project both in scope and effort. On the positive side, students can now apply to Carolina, register for classes, receive financial aid and pay tuition online all in one place. The system has brought about major improvements including packaging financial aid faster than ever before, even with the last-minute tuition change, and providing convenient and efficient online bill payment.

But, inevitably, with a project of this scope and magnitude, there will be bumps in the road and not everything will be right the first time. Last week, we had some unanticipated spikes in system usage which impacted performance. We are moving quickly to address this.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. ITS staff are working around the clock to address these issues.

We are very appreciative of how campus has dealt with the challenges of this new system.

ConnectCarolina’s performance will continue to improve and you can play a critical role in prioritizing improvements.

As we have done throughout this project, we will continue to provide opportunities for discussion and interaction, and work with Student Government and campus units to improve the user experience and better understand the needs of campus.

As always, we welcome your feedback and ideas via Facebook, by e-mail at connectcarolina_info@unc.edu and on Twitter.

Jerri Bland
Executive Director
ITS