I find it rather sad that our longtime incumbent Rep. David Price is resorting to attacks on his formidable opponent B.J. Lawson, calling him and his ideas “extreme” (“David Price’s history an asset in race,” Oct. 14).

Along with millions of voters across the country, Lawson’s belief that the federal government should rule according to the U.S. Constitution is the farthest thing from “extreme.” The federal debt spiraling out of control is extreme. The continued high unemployment rate is extreme. The laws that our current Congress is passing without reading is extreme.

Rep. Price is attempting to marginalize a candidate — and his large support base — who honorably represents the new ideas we desperately need in Washington. Lawson can bring a new voice based on his experience in medicine and entrepreneurship. He has the guts to discuss the tough issues and propose tough solutions to fix our dreadful economic problems. He signed a bonded term limit pledge if elected, so he has the interests of the 4th District at heart rather than aspirations of being a professional Washington insider. It’s time that North Carolina has a representative that will work hard to keep our hard-earned money here locally.

Jonathan Bandy
Pharmacy