Police log for October 4, 2010

—Someone stole an inflatable Rameses mascot at 11:19 a.m. Saturday at A Southern Season, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The $130 mascot was recovered, reports state.

—A 39-year-old Chapel Hill man was charged with assault by strangulation, larceny and possession of stolen goods at 1:33 p.m. Friday at 100 Manning Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
Marcus Webster Murrell was taken to the Orange County Jail in lieu of $30,000 secured bond, reports state.

—Someone stole a $3,000 yellow 1991 Chevrolet S10 between 9 p.m. and 11:45 p.m. Friday at 452 W. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

—Someone stole a $2,000 silver Toyota Corolla between 7 p.m. Friday and 12:24 a.m. Saturday at 209 Pinegate Circle, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

—Someone made a bomb threat to the Domino’s Pizza at 110 Banks Drive around 10:27 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

—Someone broke into a silver 1996 Honda Civic between 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Saturday at Elliott Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a car stereo worth $260 and caused $250 worth of damage to a window, reports state.

—Someone stole another person’s belongings at Top of the Hill between 2 a.m. and 2:30 a.m Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole a wallet worth $175, a cell phone worth $300, keys and a key fob worth $280, $40 in cash and four credit and debit cards, reports state.