Fall at Carolina. The air is crisp. The sky is Tar Heel blue without a cloud in sight. Gold, orange, and red leaves line the brick walkways in the quad. What’s not to love?

Come and enjoy the beautiful Carolina weather at the Barbecue and Bluegrass Benefit Dinner hosted by Chi Psi fraternity and Chi Omega sorority this Friday, Nov. 12. Tickets are $7 for a generous plate of barbecue, slaw, rolls, and more! Local blue grass band Mipso Trio will be playing music on the side lawn of Chi Psi during the dinner.

Proceeds from tickets and T-shirt sales will benefit two student organizations, the Eve Carson Scholarship and UNC Dance Marathon. The Eve Carson Scholarship is a student-run scholarship, which celebrates juniors who have demonstrated transformative development while at UNC. Dance Marathon is a year-long fundraiser for the N.C. Children’s Hospital, culminating in a 24-hour event in February.

Tickets are on sale in the Pit this week and at the event from 5-8 p.m. on Friday at Chi Psi fraternity (321 W. Cameron Ave.)

Come out to enjoy a plate of barbecue and listen to bluegrass while supporting two great causes!

Franklin Niblock
Philanthropy Chairman
Chi Psi Fraternity