Hi, my name is Carly Huff. I am 24 years old and I have a rare genetic disorder. I went to UNC-Chapel Hill and graduated in 2008.

I am trying to raise awareness about Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (the genetic disorder I found out I had in September 2010), and also make some money to pay for my ever-growing medical bills. I have a blog where I have posted many of my photos.

I had to quit my job because of the physical stress, so I decided to become a model to help educate others about the disorder. There is not much research on it, and I figured if I became a model/famous then maybe someone will start listening and try to research more about the progression of the disorder.

I am making a calendar for UNC-Chapel Hill for 2011. In it, each month I will be somewhere on campus wearing something from a store on Franklin Street or somewhere around campus that has been donated.

The pictures will be taken in the shops/restaurants that help sponsor me and around campus. On each of the pages, whatever I am wearing and wherever the photo is taken, there will be an advertisement on the page with the store’s information with it.

The calendars will then be available for the stores to purchase at a reduced price and sell to the public.

There will be an informational segment about Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome along with my story and why I want to now be a motivational speaker and model (no one would ever know I have it unless I told them or they saw me wearing one of my braces).

Carly Huff
Class of ’08