Police log for January 11, 2011

• Someone stole a green 1995 Mercury Villager van and took it for a joyride between midnight and 2:32 a.m. Saturday at 6 Cobb Terrace, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The $3,000 van was recovered, reports state.
  • Someone entered an unlocked car between 11 a.m. Saturday and 3:05 p.m. Sunday at 106 Shadowood Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person stole $5 in coins and a pair of sunglasses worth $100, reports state.
  • Someone stole a bike from a front porch between noon Dec. 24 and 2:20 p.m. Sunday at 703 Edwards St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The bicycle was worth $300, reports state.
  • Someone stole a bicycle by cutting the chain between noon Dec. 22 and 1:58 p.m. Sunday at 407 Pritchard Ave., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The bicycle was worth $600, reports state.
  • Someone stole an arc welder from the Lowe’s Home Improvement at 1801 Fordham Blvd. at 12:12 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The power tool was worth $669, reports state.
  • Someone turned on the water spigot of a house and left it running between 12:01 a.m. and 9 a.m. Saturday at 110 Eastgreen Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone stole a bicycle from a bike rack between noon Jan. 1 and 8:40 a.m. Saturday at 110 S. Roberson St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The mountain bike was worth $500, reports state.
  • Someone stole a prescription from another person’s purse between 10 a.m. Friday and 12:30 p.m. Saturday at 113 Summerlin Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.