Today, we are among hundreds of thousands gathering for the National March for Life in Washington, D.C. While all march united against abortion, everyone comes for different reasons. It is for them that we write this letter and lobby for “right to know” legislation.

Many have the same story: They weren’t informed a heartbeat begins at 21 days. They weren’t informed some women are deeply affected by abortion. They weren’t informed there are resources available to support them during and after pregnancy.

When Ms. Borgmann comments that our desire is not to inform women, but to decrease abortions (“The state of abortion,” Jan. 21), it raises the question as to the mutual exclusivity of these two topics in her mind. Why can’t we do both? If a woman is informed (not coerced or scared) and no longer wants an abortion, then yes, abortion is reduced. But pro-choice advocates need not worry. She has chosen freely.

Lastly, we take offense to Sarah Dugan’s apparent surprise that we are unsatisfied by compromises (“Protect abortion in N.C.”). What would it say about our character if we did not do everything within our power to end abortion and provide alternatives to women? For abortion opponents, it will never be enough until the current situation changes. We’ll get back to work on campus as soon as we return from D.C.

Carrie Faur

Christina Geradts

Carolina Students for Life