Having graduated from our wonderful institution this past May I have to say that I love Carolina now more than ever and miss it dearly. But, having caught up on recent events that seem to be plaguing the student elections and our unfortunate but hard fought loss at Duke this past week, I just want to urge my fellow Tar Heels to remain unified.

I have moved abroad and therefore watched the Duke game via Skype with my family back home in the states at 3 a.m. local time and I have to say I have never been more proud of our boys. They were classy, fought hard, and upheld every value of sportsmanship that Carolina is and should remain known for. Those qualities should not only be apparent on the court, but should permeate the student body whether you wear a jersey or a T-shirt to basketball games.

As a recent alumnae passing down some now “outsider” perspective, we attend an amazing school that is respected worldwide. We are mostly blue-collar students that work hard and succeed, and we have an amazing legacy. Regardless of student election fumbles, wins and losses on the court or differing opinions elsewhere, stay unified, and trust me when I say there is only one Carolina.

Sarah Hiser
Class of ’10