• Three Durham men were arrested on misdemeanor larceny and resisting arrest charges after attempting to steal $300 worth of metal stands between 5:28 a.m. and 5:34 a.m. Wednesday in Chapel Hill, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Howard Freeman Earl Jr., 16, was charged with attempted larceny from business and resisting arrest at 5:28 a.m. at 260 Erwin Road. He was confined to Orange County Jail in lieu of a $6,000 secured bond, reports state. Sheanaquaan Saheed Green, 17, was charged with larceny and resisting arrest at 5:30 a.m. at 1801 Fordham Blvd. He was confined to Orange County Jail in lieu of a $6,000 secured bond, reports state. David Ellison, 30, was charged with larceny, possession of stolen goods, resisting arrest and possession of burglary tools at 5:34 a.m. at 260 Erwin Road.
    Ellison was confined to Orange County Jail in lieu of a $10,500 bond, reports state.
  • Dogs barked at 6 a.m. Tuesday at 137 Forsyth Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone broke a glass door to enter a business at 1:48 a.m. Wednesday at 265 S. Elliot Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.