Men’s golf

North Carolina’s men’s golfers tied for eighth at the ACC Championship in New London by scoring a 15-over 879.

Sophomore Michael McGowan had the best performance for UNC by placing tied for eighth with a 2-under 214.
Georgia Tech won the title.

Softball

The North Carolina softball team closed its home slate on a high note by sweeping a Senior Day doubleheader from Boston College.
The Tar Heels (30-19, 11-6 ACC) won game one 4-0 and the second game 6-2.

The opener saw UNC freshman hurler Lori Spingola blank the Eagles (11-27, 5-10 ACC) for her third complete-game shutout of the season.

Spingola threw another five scoreless innings in game two of the double-header and received help from Brittany Robinson, who went 2-for-3 with a double and an RBI.

Track and field

The North Carolina men’s and women’s track and field teams both sprinted to third place finishes in this weekend’s ACC Outdoor Championships at Duke’s Wallace Wade Stadium.

Senior LaToya James earned one of UNC’s two individual titles with her first-place finish in the women’s 400-meter hurdles.

The men’s team was led by a medal-stand sweep of the 400-meters. Sophomore Reynaldo Radlin won the event with a time of 51.89, followed by teammates Roy Smith and Devon Carter.