Police log for October 17, 2011

Someone entered an open garage and opened an unlocked vehicle door between 9 p.m. Wednesday and 7:30 a.m. Thursday at 211 Columbia Place West, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
Reports state that $100 worth of computer hardware and software was taken from the vehicle, a 2001 black Volvo S80.

An intoxicated person went to the wrong house at 5:03 a.m. Friday at 719 E. Rosemary St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone took jewelry from a box at 4:53 p.m. Thursday at 123 Hillspring Lane, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that a yellow gold necklace valued at $400, four yellow gold bracelets valued at $600, a 1989 Princeton graduation ring valued at $300, a Leo sign ring valued at $100 and a yellow gold wedding band valued at $300 were taken.

Someone reported two children fighting on a school bus at 3:02 p.m. Thursday at 1495 Ephesus Church Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone reported a stolen bicycle at 2:24 p.m. Thursday at 507 Highgrove Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The bicycle theft happened sometime within the last several months, reports state.
The bicycle was a 21-inch mountain bike valued at $300, according to reports.

Police noticed a bicycle sitting near the front door of McDougle Middle School at midnight Thursday, according to Carrboro police reports. Reports state that police found the door unlocked, so they entered and found the alarm was off. Police checked the school. Everything was secure, but they were unable to locate a key holder, according to reports.