Police log for January 24, 2012

Someone vandalized a trash bin at 105 Red Bud Lane between 10 p.m. Friday and 10:15 a.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person spray painted a trash bin overnight, reports state. Damage to the trash bin was valued at $50, according to police reports.

Someone broke and entered a residence at 219 Columbia Place West between 6 p.m. and 10:05 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person forced a rear sliding glass door open and stole two laptops, an iPad and a desktop computer, reports state. Stolen items were valued at $5,800, according to police reports.

Someone unscrewed and stole a sign from its post near Coolidge and Dawes streets at about 1 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The sign was valued at $200, reports state.

Someone broke and entered a business at 102 W. Franklin St. between 1 a.m. and 10 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person entered the unsecured Ben & Jerry’s building and stole money. Stolen items were valued at $234, reports state.

Someone stole a jacket at a multi-family residence at 216 E. Rosemary St. between 12 a.m. and 2:42 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The stolen jacket and wallet were valued at $60, police reports state.

Carrboro police responded to complaints of loud music at Abbey Court Apartments at 501 Jones Ferry Rd. at about 12:37 a.m. Friday, according to reports. Police told the lease holder to turn down the music, reports state.