One Act for a safer UNC, and how to get involved

Look around campus today. If you see quite a few persons wearing a One Act t-shirt, I hope that this letter, and the influence of those around campus today, will encourage you to join us by getting One Act trained.

One Act is a four-hour peer education training for interpersonal violence prevention (IPV).
It gives individuals the knowledge, skills and confidence to recognize signs of IPV and take action — because we believe that One Act can help create a safer Carolina. If we all begin by taking ONE ACTion, we can reduce interpersonal violence on this campus.

I am One Act trained because I believe in creating a safe space for all in our community.
We can all be a part of creating this space, and getting educated in how to do so is the first step. How will you look out for your Carolina family?

So how do you sign up? It’s easy. Visit campushealth.unc.edu/oneact, read more and sign up for this outstanding program.

Two open session dates are March 14 and March 30, both from 1 to 5 p.m.

Maybe you’d like to schedule training for your fraternity, sorority, athletic team, or student group? Email oneact@unc.edu to make it happen.

And of course, “like” us on Facebook (One Act) and follow us on Twitter at @oneactcarolina.
Look for us today all over campus — and for our table in the Pit. We want you to help us create a safer, more inclusive campus.

Ask for help, create a distraction or talk directly — how will you ACT?

Connor Brady ’14
Political science