Police log for Feb. 14, 2012

Someone broke mirrors off of a parked vehicle between 11:00 p.m. Friday and 12:00 p.m. Saturday at 223 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The damage to the two rearview mirrors was valued at $700, reports state.

Someone taped indecent pictures to the front door at 701 Emory Drive between 12:01 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone concealed merchandise with the intent to steal it at 4:53 p.m. Saturday at Harris Teeter at 210 S. Estes Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The total value of the concealed foodstuffs was $80, according to reports.

Someone threw a basketball at another person at 8:14 p.m. Saturday at 216 N. Roberson St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone was caught taking items from Harris Teeter at 210 S. Estes Drive at 6:22 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The suspect attempted to steal two Hormel Bacon Bits, one Lakewood Organic Juice, one herb seasoning and seven lemon juices, reports state. The total value of the stolen items was $20.22, and all items were recovered, according to reports.

Someone assaulted an employee and took an alcoholic beverage at 5:49 p.m. Sunday at Rite Aid at 1800 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The suspect stole a bottle of wine valued at $4.95, but the item was recovered, reports state.

Someone turned over trashcans into the road at 2:14 a.m. Monday at 311 W. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.