Police log for Feb. 9, 2012

Someone committed fraud at 208 Westbury Drive at midnight Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Cash totaling $1,804 was taken from a checking account, reports state.

Someone damaged property near the intersection of Hillsborough Street and Rosemary Street at about 8:40 a.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. A wire to a traffic signal was damaged, reports state. Damage to the signal was valued at $1,000, according to police reports.

Someone damaged property and assaulted a person at 104 Partin St. at about 11:47 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The assault occurred during a fight between an uncle and a nephew, reports state. Damage to the window and vehicle was valued at $400, according to police reports. Someone caused a disturbance at 179 E. Franklin St. at about 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. A homeless man harassed an occupier, reports state.

Someone tampered with a vehicle at 150 E. Rosemary St. at about 8:10 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person was looking in cars and pulling on door handles, reports state.

Someone fought and resisted arrest at 123 E. Franklin St. at about 2:40 a.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The subjects fought in the street, reports state.

Someone reported a suspicious person at 1009 Dawes St. at 1:32 a.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person knocked on doors and then crouched, police reports state.