UNC is a really big place. As a freshman last year, I sometimes felt overwhelmed. But I’ll never forget that moment on the U.

I was watching the Clemson men’s basketball game on my iPhone when, suddenly, a crowd of people gathered around me and I got into the liveliest discussion that anyone has ever had — especially with strangers on a public bus.

But that’s just it — we weren’t strangers. We were all Tar Heels — Tar Heels that make UNC what it is.

As students, faculty, alumni and fans, we are fortunate beyond belief to have the force that brings us all together: basketball.

So Sunday’s game left me heartbroken. But I was reminded of all of the games this season, and of all the people I watched them with. These are the memories I’ll carry with me for years.

I’ll remember the Clemson game, when our boys dominated the Tigers.

I’ll remember the painful loss to Duke and the beyond-satisfying win against them later in the season.

I’ll remember all of the close calls. I’ll remember the Creighton game — or maybe, on second thought, I’ll try to forget that one. I’ll remember overtime against Ohio.

And of course, I’ll remember how well our boys played against Kansas this past Sunday.

Honestly, except for the injuries, it wasn’t a bad way to go. Stilman White may be my new hero — although, given how the freshman played on Sunday, who blames me for still being on the fence?

Zeller was Zeller — enough said. If there is one thing that hurts me most about the end of this season, it’s the fact that I won’t see him play in Carolina blue next year.

I love my Tar Heels. Hark the sound. We’ll be back.

Swetha Pasala ’14
Biology and economics