Police log for April 12, 2012

Someone committed an aggravated assault at 211 Church St. between 1 a.m. and 1:15 a.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. An intoxicated male was assaulted and beaten by multiple subjects during a fight in a parking lot, police reports state.

Someone committed burglary with force and caused a disturbance at 117 Ashley Forest Road between 9:55 p.m. and 10:03 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person kicked in the front door, reports state.

Someone stole a victim’s property from an unattended purse at 120 E. Franklin St. at 1:25 a.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Items inside the stolen purse included an Apple iPhone valued at $400, reports state. The purse itself was a Vera Bradley handbag valued at $40, according to reports.

A suspicious person was looking through the trash at 101 Isley St. at 1:04 a.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Someone smashed the window of a vehicle and stole a laptop at 1714 Legion Road between 7:45 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage to the window was valued at $500, reports state.