Police log for April 17, 2012

Someone vandalized property between 4:35 p.m. and 4:42 p.m. Sunday at Bolin Creek Trail, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The suspect wrote on signs with a marker, reports state. Damage to the three signs was valued at $150, according to police reports.

Someone stole a lawn mower between 11 p.m. Saturday and 1:49 a.m. Sunday at 111 Milton Ave., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The lawn mower was valued at $250, reports state.

Someone reported a loose dog at 6:18 p.m. Sunday at 1521 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The Boston terrier was found in a parking lot, police reports state.

Someone attempted to break into a residence at 1:25 a.m. Sunday at 301 N. Columbia St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. An intoxicated person attempted to kick in the back door, reports state.

Someone broke into a residence at 3:35 a.m. Sunday at 716 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The person who made the report saw an arm of an unknown suspect attempting to open her window, police reports state.

Someone assaulted a female at midnight Saturday on South Columbia Street, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The victim was thrown into a wall, inflicting serious injury, reports state.

Someone reported barking dogs at 11:43 a.m. Friday at 101 Deer St., according to Carrboro police reports. The person complained that his neighbor’s dog barked constantly, police reports state.